So my hallway was in need of a bit of a revamp. It’s quite long and narrow so I wanted to keep it as light as possible. I decided on an off white matt paint from Dulux called Timeless and I wanted to make the longest wall a gallery wall with all white picture frames. On the opposite wall there are two doors, one leads to the kitchen and the other to the downstairs cloakroom. Directly opposite this gallery wall is a large mirror with a silver frame which widens the hallway and bounces the light around. At one end is the front door and opposite that is a door that leads to the lounge and dining area.
Each of the frames I have created myself as I wanted a relatively original finish, below I have listed where I purchased the frames and how I decorated each frame to get this look.
- Ikea frame with a Pinterest Dear head free printable. I searched on Pinterest for a free deer head silhouette.
- Ikea frame with 3D butterfly stuck on the front of the glass.
- B & M Homestores frame with a Beautiful text free Pinterest printable.
- Ikea frame with silver star and little bells, both were Christmas decorations. The bells are loose in the 3D frame.
- Ikea frame with a glass flower ornament stuck onto some heavy linen fabric with glass nuggets stick around the edge. I had a silver Rosary which I hung over the side of the frame.
- Ikea frame with 3 white feathers attached to thin wire.
- Ikea frame with a wooden & letter painted black and stuck on.
- B & M frame with a silver heart christmas decoration hung onto a short piece of white ribbon. The glass section was removed.
- B & M Picture frame with cream felt balls in the centre. You can view my Youtube video on how I made this.
- Ikea frame with a mirror effect backing paper which was an old lampshade with I dismantled and the gold fold leaf if the wrapper from a chocolate which I flattened and made into the shape of a leaf.
- Is a wooden O which I placed onto of the light fitting
Overall this was a simple and in expensive project which has transformed my hallway.
If I decide after a period of time that I want a change, I can keep the frames and change the images for a totally different look.
I hope my gallery wall has given you some ideas and inspiration, I am really happy with the finished look.